Are there any special preparations?
Yes. Before each session please shower, shave and exfoliate. Please do not wear make-up, lotion, perfume or deodorant. Please wear loose fitting clothes to the salon.
What should I wear to tan in?
State law requires you to wear at least a thong, besides that please wear whatever you’re comfortable with.
How long will it take?
About five minutes to be airbrushed and five to dry.
When will I see results?
Immediately, due to the color guide.
How long will the tan last?
The average client reports seven days.
What about after tanning?
Just avoid excess sweating and water until you have showered, after 6 to 8 hours. You will feel like you’re wearing moisturizer for approximately an hour.
The following information will help you care for your tan:
- Please do not shower for 6 to 8 hours; your tan is still processing.
- Moisturize twice daily; dry skin will flake and peel causing your tan to fade. Please use natural products like Coco Butter or a Vitamin E Cream.
- Please Do Not Exfoliate (loofas, gloves or scrubbies) until the day before your touch-up.
- Please read your products, if the first four ingredients include Alcohol or Alpha Hydroxy, Do Not Use. These are drying agents and will fade your tan. (Ex: Dove, Bath and Bodywork and some Victoria’s Secret.)
- Please understand chemicals found in hot tubs and public pools will fade you faster than normal, for chlorine is a bleaching agent.